Wednesday, February 5, 2014

0 Devil's Quest, Volume V: eBay to the rescue!



Hey, Blue Devil fans! Been a few months since I did one of these posts, but I finally had a chance to add to my Blue Devil collection! What issue, you ask? Secret Origins #24, starring Dr. Fate and Blue Devil (I can hear Shag having a "SQUEE!" moment already! With good reason, too -- Dr. Fate is almost as awesome as his Secret Origins co-star!


That is one hell of a cover, too. It's a bit simple, but I think that it works to good effect in this instance, and makes Dr. Fate look a little on the dark side -- it's those shadowed-in demon-from-Supernatural black eyes, man! I know a few people are scratching their heads at the reference, but others will get it!

I haven't read the Dr. Fate story yet, but I had to re-read the Blue Devil origin almost as soon as I opened the package. There's a slightly new-ish story framing the already-known origin, and that whole portion of the issue is written by Dan Mishkin and Gary Cohn. Ty Templeton's art is solid throughout, and this story -- "THE ALL-TRUE, PREVIOUSLY RECORDED, PUBLICLY KNOWN, HERETOFORE FULLY REVEALED SECRET ORIGIN OF THE BLUE DEVIL" -- was worth every bit of the shipping costs. It's in great condition, and was bagged and boarded immediately after this picture was taken.

Have any of you read this issue? What do you think?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Sympathy for the Devil Copyright © 2011 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates