Sunday, December 23, 2012

2 Devil's Quest, Volume III


It's a bit later than I'd planned -- psh, not like two or three weeks is a big deal... -- but here it is! Devil's Quest, Volume III: the Danger Room is Awesome edition. In the last Quest post, I mentioned some good deals, and this is one of them: I got 16 issues in great condition, for $1 a piece from Danger Room Comics.

When I first started to think about this blog, DRC was the first place I thought to call, looking for back-issues. At the time, they didn't have any, but they kept in touch on Twitter and reached out when they got some in. Through them, and a separate $5 eBay purchase, I ended up with a much larger collection!


I have duplicates of issues #3, #4, #6, #7, #10, #11, and #12 -- but that's going to be the least of my worries. After I bought them, a relative who knows of this blog started hinting that it wasn't a good idea. Maybe I'll end up with more of the series, once the holidays are over?

Additionally, I picked up a copy of DC Universe Presents #13 while I was visiting Danger Room, because it was about time to show some love to the New 52 Blue Devil. Lastly, for this entry, a Blue Devil Heroclix that I picked up from the "FREE" bin at a local yard sale. Who cares that I only stopped at the sale to browse for records, I got some BD merch!


Hopefully the holidays are kind, and I'll have another Devil's Quest post for you soon! Be merry, everyone, regardless of what (or if) you celebrate!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome looking collection! So have you read the amazing issue #1 yet? It's late-Bronze Age at it's best!

    Hope your holidays were fantastic! Keep up the great work here!

    The Irredeemable Shag

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read the first issue the day that I went up to Danger Room Comics and got it. I love it, and will be talking about it on here soon!

      Delete

 

Sympathy for the Devil Copyright © 2011 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates