Wednesday, November 28, 2012

4 Devil's Quest, Volume II



Last time, I felt so much shame in telling you guys that this Blue Devil fan only had one of his appearances. I've remedied that, since then -- so much that I'm going to split my acquisitions into two posts!

When I decided to do these "Devil's Quest" posts, I figured that it would be a long-term project. If for nothing else than the financial reasons, it would be a big endeavor to collect every appearance and every piece of Blue Devil merchandise. Looks like the holiday season was a good time to start trying, though, because I've already had some help -- and found some great deals!

Click to enlarge it!
That is almost every issue of Shadowpact! A relative saw it on ebay listed as "full run", and while I love it, the listing was wrong. It's missing the last issue, and my trip to Danger Room Comics today (a trip which will be detailed in Vol. III) proved unsuccessful in that regard. It looks like I might have to try and find a good price on Amazon or eBay or something, if I want a copy of Shadowpact #25.

Each of these issues is in great condition, too! I'm not going to attempt to grade them, but let's just say that I'm happy that they were bagged and boarded when they were mailed. Really, the thought of leaving them in there so they stay pretty did occur, but that would make it a lot harder to read them!


Next volume: The (Blue) Devil's in the details!

4 comments:

  1. Great finds there! You've got some fun reading ahead of you!


    Shag

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to re-reading it all, too! I've read all of Shadowpact, and as soon as I get issue #25, it'll be nice to own the whole series!

      Delete
  2. I got lucky one day and picked up the entire series (all FOUR trade paperbacks) for $50 at a discount comic store a few months back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even though I own the whole series -- bought Shadowpact #25 for a couple bucks online today -- I would LOVE to own the TPBs as well! I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for good prices.

      Delete

 

Sympathy for the Devil Copyright © 2011 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates