Monday, November 19, 2012

3 Devil's Quest, Volume I

Welcome to an ongoing feature, here at Sympathy for the Devil. What is that feature, you ask?

(Original picture's source)
Devil's Quest is going to be about my ever-increasing Blue Devil collection, from action figures to comics and anything else that I can find to show my support for everyone's favorite dark-hued demon! Currently, Infinite Crisis is the only appearance that I own, but I've read the majority of the stuff he's been in over the last decade and a half.


I'll have a new addition in the upcoming weeks: the entire run of Shadowpact! I've read Shadowpact before, and enjoyed most of the run, so I'm thrilled to finally own it. That series is what ignited my love of the Blue Devil character. I had to find out more after seeing the Shadowpact team members on a page of Infinite Crisis.


So, anyone else out there have any Blue Devil merch? Or titles with appearances from him? Let me know in the comments below, so I know who/what to be jealous of.

3 comments:

  1. Justin - I'm an uber-Blue Devil fan, so I've got all his appearances. If you're on a quest, here the key stories I recommend:

    * Fury of Firestorm #24 (yes, his first appearance was in Firestorm!!!)
    * Blue Devil 1-31, plus Annual #1
    * Fury of Firestorm #46 & 47 - A crossover between the two titles
    * Secret Origins #24
    * Showcase '93 #1-6
    * Underworld Unleashed #1-3
    * JLA: Black Baptism #1-4
    * Day of Vengeance #1-6, plus Infinite Crisis Special
    * Shadowpact #1-25
    * Reign in Hell #1-8

    There were also some Justice League America issues that were important to the character, but I can't truly recommend them. You should read them eventually, but probably not on the "urgently read" list.

    In regard to merchandise, there isn't a lot sadly. I do proudly display my DC Universe Classics Blue Devil action figure on my desk! Love it!

    Keep up the great work!

    The Irredeemable Shag
    http://firestormfan.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad your will is weaker that that of Shag and Chad, as I think this is a great endeavor and shall be fun to watch it grow. I would definitely pick up the New 52 DCU presents issues that feature Blue Devil as they are thoroughly entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like to think of it less as "will is weaker", and more "obsessive compulsive completionist". Plus, I am damn good at finding good deals.

    Glad to see that you're interested, and welcome to the blog!

    ReplyDelete

 

Sympathy for the Devil Copyright © 2011 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates